Thursday, June 1, 2017

Heat + MS = BLEH

June 2017

We had a fantastic five days in Florida, but let me tell you what, 96 degree weather and MS are NOT good bedfellows. I was kind of okay during the day, but the nights were the worst. I was driven from bed and into the bathroom more than once. Throwing up is always fun.

Not.

Thank goodness for zofran. I think I would've died without it. Now that I'm back home, things are starting to settle down and level out. Holding off on the food I really wanted to eat and having salads instead helped a ton. It didn't weigh me down or make me super hot.

My husband put water in me like crazy, but it still wasn't enough to kill the harsh effects of the heat.

I didn't realize how bad it could get.

We're heading out on our trip very soon, and I'm hoping to be able to focus better than I have been. I feel woozy most of the day, but the dizziness has backed off some.

We did have a good time though, and we didn't really say the C word but once or twice. It was like a nun breathing over your shoulder while you're taking a test at Catholic school. Always there, but rarely acknowledged.

Our insurance company is pretty dang amazing though. They've been in touch a couple of times to see how/if they can help in any way as my husband goes through this. Back when my MS was diagnosed, they also assigned me a personal caseworker. She calls and asks me how I'm doing at least once every couple of months. Copaxone also does this. For a while, it was every month, but now that I have things kind of under control, it's backed off a bit.

I did set up a caring bridge site. If you're not familiar, it's a pretty awesome little place where you can post updates for people who want to stay in the know without having to send a billion texts or make a billion phone calls (or post everything on social media for the world to read).

If you haven't, and you're going through something personal health-wise, you may want to consider it. It's free. Go here.

I'll let you all know what I think of the doctors in Indiana once we get there. Fingers crossed they're as amazing as they seem thus far.

Until next time!

Heat + MS = BLEH

June 2017 We had a fantastic five days in Florida, but let me tell you what, 96 degree weather and MS are NOT good bedfellows. I was kind ...