Saturday, May 13, 2017

MS Appears

May 2016

My husband and I went to IL for my middle son's graduation. We flew, and I fell asleep on the plane. For many people, this is a usual occurance, but I haven't fallen asleep during the day in over twenty years unless I was sick.

Actually, I don't even think you could call it sleep. I passed out.

Then, in the car, on the drive from O'Hare to the little town three hours out we were headed to, I passed out several times.

It was just a month before when my eyes started giving me trouble, and I was sporting new glasses on the trip, so I figured it was just the adjustment to those that was making me feel a little woozy. Graduation happened, and I started to feel a little better. Again, I wrote it off as my eyes.

We flew home afterward, and I was still doing okay.

Approximately twelve hours later, I felt like someone buckled me into a Tilt-a-whirl, hit the on button, and left me.

I was dizzy.

I was nauseated.

I was sure I was going to die.

That afternoon, I passed out on the couch and slept, and slept, and slept some more.

On the couch is where my husband found me that evening, and he immediately knew something was very wrong. Remember when I said I never went to sleep in the middle of the day? He was borderline panicked because he'd never seen me do that.

We knew something was afoot, so I headed to the minute clinic the next day. To be honest, I really shouldn't have been driving. I felt like I was tipsy. The doctor there was alarmed, but she treated me appropriately and told me if I didn't feel better in just a few days, to go see my primary care doctor.

This was just the beginning, and tomorrow, I'm going to back up to April and tell my husband's testicular cancer journey in tandem with my journey through MS so far.

More later. See y'all then.

Heat + MS = BLEH

June 2017 We had a fantastic five days in Florida, but let me tell you what, 96 degree weather and MS are NOT good bedfellows. I was kind ...